Apron tape 150cm
Cotton thread to match rear side of oil cloth
Cotton thread to match apron tape
90/14 machine needle
Teflon machine foot
Sew on Velcro (2cm wide and 7cm length)
1. Draw pattern using set square for straight edges and making the arm curves not to severe otherwise it won’t hem well.
2. When happy with pattern, cut the oilcloth
3. Cut x3 50cm of apron tape
4. Double fold the end of two of the strips of apron tape and stitch with coordinating cotton
5. Hem the arm curves with a single fold (approx 0.8cm) and stitch in place, using invisible thread in the spool and cotton thread that matches the backside of the oil cloth in the bobbin.
6. Stitch the two unhemmed tapes in position as shown above
7. Stitch the remaining tape to the two points shown above.
8. Hem the remaining edges
9. Change the bobbin thread to the colour that matches the tape. Fold back and stitch all four points where tape is attached
To make the neck strap adjustable…
10. Cut the neck strap 11cm up on the right and hem both ends.
11. Sew 5cm of the hook side of Velcro to the short part of the strap and sew 7cm of the loop side to the long part making sure they fasten as pictured below.