A few mornings ago my daughter came rushing upstairs with two icecream sticks and a piece of paper saying that she wanted to make a windmill.
We sat together coming up with ideas and different designs and this is the result. Really simple and quick to make. It has now become the centre point to build further constructions around with building brick toys and has been named “The Windy Willow Windmill”
You will need –
- 1 small paper fastener (width – 2mm)
- 100 craft lolly sticks (11cm x 1cm)
- 2 icecream sticks (length – 9.5cm)
- Glue gun and glue sticks
- Drill (with 3mm wood bit)
4. Once glue is set, take 2 panels and glue onto the tower to form two sides of the triangular roof.
6. Cut x2 triangles with scissors and glue one panel to the back side of the roof.
7. Take the two icecream sticks and position them as windmill blades, mark the centre point and drill through. Glue together making sure to avoid the drilled hole.
9. Take the blades and attach between the 2cm pieces with the paper fastener leaving it loose enough to spin. Secure the fastener at the back with the glue gun.
10. Glue the front of the roof in place.