Last year we enjoyed printing Christmas & thank you cards with my eldest daughter’s designs, so this year we had a go at printing wrapping paper. This was a great project that we could all get involved with. My four year old did the design this time; a sweet reindeer drawing that made a great print.
1 roll of Plain wrapping paper
Block printing ink
Ink roller /brayer
Wooden block (cut to size of design)
Strong craft glue
1. Draw out a design. Using a thick marker pen on the lino.
2. Cut out the areas around the marked section. Trimming off excess lino. Glue to wooden block.
3. Roll out some ink and apply a very thin layer to the lino.
4. Do some test prints for positioning and ink density.
6. Print the red noses. We used a flat crayon dipped lightly in ink but fingertip will do too.
7. Leave to dry.
8. Ready to wrap gifts!